Day 41 – Oct 16, 2017 – Deltaville, VA

It was a noisy and bumpy night at dock as the winds picked up and the rain began. Needless to say, we are not leaving today. I saw several fishing/crab boats leave around 7am, a tough job.

Early morning view, it was nastier than the pic shows.

Bob got some jobs done around the boat with minimal swearing, that is always a good sign. In the afternoon, Chris, Bob and I walked over to the next marina for Chris to have a second look at a trawler he and Cindy had looked at on Saturday. It had a very good layout but being 15 years old it had some unfortunate boat smells, a major culprit being the hoses leading out from the two heads. They would have to be replaced at about a $  7,000 cost.

The skies started clearing in the late afternoon and there was a beautiful sunset but the winds have not died down. If the forecast is correct, the winds start reducing around 11am tomorrow – fingers crossed.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

%d bloggers like this: