Day 6 – Sept 11, 2017 – St. Johnstown NY

We spent the night on the wall wall just outside a lock with plans to leave at 8:30 am the next day. The morning fog had other ideas. We’re still travelling with Joan & John and all agreed that we’d wait till the fog lifted, which it did by about 9:30.

Foggy morning

 

 

 

 

 

Today was big lock day – lock 17, a 41 foot drop, it was okay as it was a down lock, I guess we don’t have to contemplate doing an up until next spring. It was another sunny day and we saw the St. Lawrence from Kingston heading west on the canal.

Bob in the 41 foot lock.
St  Lawrence heading west

 

We followed Joan and John’s lead and stopped at the little marina in St. Johnstown around 2:30 where we found out that their boat was having transmission problems – bummer ! John contacted the a company that  supplies his transmission so they hope to have one sent to the marina and John will install it.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

%d bloggers like this: